I’ve recently become addicted to The Daily, the New York Times podcast hosted by Michael Barbaro. The root of this podcast’s excellence lies not just with the smart questions and inquisitive personality of its host, but also the caliber of guests they are able to get on the show (presumably having the institution of the Times behind it is very persuasive). The Daily interviews the people who are making the news, not just those who are good at commenting on it. The result makes the listener feel like they are getting a “director’s commentary” of the day’s headlines.
The show is typically great but its coverage of the Ford-Kvanaugh hearing and its aftermath is superlative. It should become part of the historical document of how this entire sequence of events has gone down. I’d urge anyone interested to listen to all of it.
- The Accusation Against Brett Kavanaugh
- Will Dr. Blasey Testify?
- A High School Assault
- The Conservative Divide Over Kavanaugh
- Revisiting What Happened to Anita Hill
- Today’s Hearing: Trial or Job Interview?
- The Blasey-Kavanaugh Hearing
- The Anguish of Jeff Flake
- Kavanaugh’s Classmates Speak Out