I was shocked and devastated when I learned that Philip Seymour Hoffman had passed away. What an amazing talent, taken away from us far too soon. Truly my favorite actor, ever since I saw his heartbreaking performance in Boogie Nights.
Here are a few remembrances of him that I found to be particularly heartfelt and impactful:
– Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Final Secret in Esquire
– An Actor Who Made Unhappiness a Joy to Watch in NYTimes
– The Dissolve remembers Philip Seymour Hoffman
– Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Genius in The New Yorker
– Philip Seymour Hoffman, 1967-2014 at Rogerebert.com
– Cameron Crowe and Fans Pay Tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman at /Film
And finally, a piece by Erik Lundegaard from 2006 that isn’t a remembrance, but I think captures exactly what made Hoffman great.